The Midwest CareCenter Hospice Suite at Northwest Community Hospital features rooms for hospice patients as well as offer other amenities to support patients and their families. The suite is located in the hospital on the 9E level of the hospital's Arlington Heights campus.
Although hospice care is traditionally provided where the patient lives, some may need inpatient care when they have acute symptoms or require more care. Every effort has been made to design the Hospice Suite to feel like "home away from home" for both patients and their families. Friends and families are welcome at any time. Each patient room has space for loved ones to stay overnight. The suite includes a kitchenette and family lounge allowing families to relax and refresh. A meditation room is available for those who seek space to reflect or find solace. Pets are welcome to visit, too.
Services and amenities provided at the Hospice Suite:
- Each of the seven private patient rooms includes a TV and daybed for overnight visits.
- Your interdisciplinary team of Midwest CareCenter nurses, physicians, chaplains, social workers, music therapists and volunteers will focus on your medical and psychosocial needs—24 hours a day.
- We will work with your own physician, who will continue to be a key member of your hospice team.
- Staff will assist you with bathing, grooming and other personal care needs.
- Families and friends are welcome at all times. There are no age restrictions.
- Pets are welcome.
- A kitchenette is available with a microwave and refrigerator.
- The family lounge includes a television and Wi-Fi access.
- The meditation room is a quiet place for reflection.
- A clinical support room is used for private family consultation with staff.
- Our volunteers offer companionship to you and your loved ones.